Are you a huge football fan?? To be honest, my level of excitement has decreased a bit each year I get older. But there is one thing I look forward to each year after January is over: SuperBowl!!
I am not sure if you are the same as I am, but every time I go to a party I never know what to eat that will be gluten free. I refuse to ask the hostess what is in each item so I usually stick with chips or fruit. This year I offered to bring a side with me to watch the game (which happens to be gluten free).
With all of the different options, I wanted to try something different. Living in California, I grew up going to the Artichoke Festival in Castroville. Artichokes can be made different ways, so I decided to try the classic Artichoke Heart Dip.
- 1 can of artichoke hearts (9 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 10oz. bag frozen spinach - bit size pieces
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 oz. softened gluten-free cream cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- Dash of pepper
- Blue Diamond Nut Thins
- Cut up artichokes after draining them.
- In large pot, sauté onions in olive oil until translucent. Add spinach and artichokes and cook about 5 minutes. Add wine, then cream cheese.
- Placed in 1 quart dish, top with mozzarella bake in preheated oven at 350° for 5 minutes until brown and bubble.
- Serve with Blue Diamond Nut Thins (Sea Salt).
Lately I have been pairing different things with these little thins. Sea salt is my favorite.
So whether you are a Bronco fan or a Seahawk fan, or just a Superbowl in general fan, try the dip, you won't be disappointed.